Friday, November 8, 2013

Marriage Challenge #7



"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
~Psalm 27:11~

I know these last few days have been talking about our husbands fears but I really want you to understand how important and real they really are.  I think men tend to show less emotion than us women...not all but as an average.  I can never tell when my husband has a fear eating at him...and it usually takes me asking him 10 times before he'll confess it.  Why? Probably because of another fear. 

"What if I can't make enough money?", "What if something happens to my wife and children?", "What if I get a terrible disease?", "What if my business fails?", "What if I can't be a good father?", "What if I can't perform sexually?", "What if no one respects me at my job?".  Fear can take hold of a man.  

It is our position to help our husbands overcome fear.  How? Admiration, affirmation, respect and prayer.  Allowing your husband to lead, encouraging him in his every action and admiring the man God created him to be. When you're in the presence of a strong and loving Father, there's no need to be afraid.  Significant things can happen in our lives when we don't allow fear to rule the situation. Don't get me wrong there are different situations and there are definitely fearful thoughts that come to mind as a prompting to pray but there is also a tormenting spirit of fear that paralyzes.  Luke 12:5 says that "I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He was killed, has power to cast into hell".  The only kind of fear we are supposed to have is the fear of the Lord.

When you have the fear of the Lord, God promises to deliver you from your enemies (2 Kings 17:39), protect you from evil (Proverbs 16:6), keep His eye on you (Psalm 33:18), show you His mercy (Luke 1:50), give you riches and honor (Proverbs 22:4), supply everything you need (Psalm 34:9), reveal all you need to know (Psalm 25:24), bless your children and grandchildren (Psalm 103:17), give you confidence (Proverbs 14:26), a satisfying life (Proverbs 19:23), longevity (Psalm 145:19). 

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
~Isaiah 41:10~

"Lord, You've said in Your Word that 'there is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.  But he who fears has not been made perfect in love' (1 John 4:18).  I pray You will perfect my husband in Your love so that tormenting fear finds no place in him.  I know You have not given him a spirit of fear.  You've given him power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).  I pray in the name of Jesus that fear will not rule over my husband.  Instead, may your Word penetrate every fiber of his being, convincing him that Your love for him is far greater than anything he faces and nothing can separate him from it".

Your prayer challenge today is to pray for your husbands fears!

No comments:

Post a Comment