Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"A Godly friend is a grace of God in your life"

I spent the morning cleaning up at four boys and asking them not one, not two, not three but four times to do the assigned chore.  Being slightly frustrated this morning was a huge understatement.  We are going through a 7 lesson plan on planting a garden and how to care for it and metaphorically relating that to how we take care of "God's garden".  So we go through our lesson plan and head out to the local greenhouse because our garden is planned and we need to start planting.  Bringing four boys to a greenhouse isn't always the easiest thing in the world.  Practicing patience? It's a great place to bring four boys!
They were running and jumping and climbing under tables and picking out flowers! It was craziness.  There were tears and fights and me telling them to keep their hands to themselves and when they didn't obey it was time for them to sit on their hands. AHHHHHH....another understatement.

I pull in the driveway and then there is my neighbor...almost instantly behind me asking me if I got my lilacs...she said she had some access to some and cut some for me.  I expected a vase full...not...







There are lilacs in almost every room.  What a grace of God today..this friend, this neighbor with a true, genuine, pure heart...she has blessed me today. Which reminds me...



She is not one to do something for someone to get "points" or to impress.  She does something for someone because she truly loves.  She is a living example of 1 Corinthians 16:14  Thank you friend and neighbor for loving me.  You have been an example in many ways to me.




2 comments:

  1. I Love you Stacie!!!! You are a Beautiful women inside and out. I have NEVER met another women that serves others as you do. You have entered into my many storms with a quiet, loyal and serving heart.
    You are lead by the Lord and completely unaware of How he has used you in my life. You could have and most would have, avoided the dysfunctional neighbors living across the road... but not you, you embraced me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl...thank you! You have been a HUGE blessing in my life too!

    ReplyDelete