Friday, May 15, 2015


I hope everyone has a chance to really read todays devotional! I say it'd almost be worth it to search a dissertation on Jerry Bridges chapter on Patience! Incredible!




Let's Pray! Jesus this fruit is a hard one. But we thank you for it! We thank you for your Word and the truth it speaks. Jesus I pray that you allow your Holy Spirit to really REALLY work out this fruit in each of us. Everyday you patiently bear with us, and everyday we are tempted to become impatient with our friends, neighbors and loved ones. Help us in not seeking to remove the speck of sawdust from our brothers eye but to remove the plank from our own eye. That plank of a poor attitude towards one another, the plank of irritation, pride, or a critical or disdainful attitude. Help us Lord. We love you Jesus! Amen!


Read these verse on patience and just pray through them: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4; Ephesians 3:16-19; Ephesians 4:2-3; Colossians 3:12-13
I do feel like there is so much i could write on this...but I want to leave you with this quote from the devotional...and ask you if you are/were there...



"You could say I was the opposite of longsuffering. I was short-suffering, tiny-suffering, microscopic-suffering. I realized in those few months that my pain threshold is nearly nonexistent and, even still, I know most of you reading this have weathered much worse. My life was not bearing the fruit of patience because somewhere deep down inside of me I didn’t trust my God. And somewhere even deeper inside of me, I had lost hope and convinced myself I was alone."



1. How would you define Biblical patience?
2.  What do you need to know about God's justice and faithfulness to endure mistreatment patiently, perhaps in a current situation?
3.  Are you waiting for God to do something? If so, what? Specifically, how do you think God wants you to pray and act during this time of waiting? 
4.  Digging Deeper: Scripture Meditation
Matthew 18:23-35 (A story that shows God's great patience with us)
1 Peter 2:23 and surrounding verses (Jesus' patience when mistreated)
Hebrews 6:10-12 (on endurance)



No comments:

Post a Comment