Sunday, June 29, 2014

Three years ago today I woke up...still pregnant...counting the hours I had been overdue.  I always wondered "why not a 7 month pregnancy?"  To me that made more sense...I teased it would be my first question to God (although I know that will be the last ;) ).  My sister was there for many false labors and she was working on her third day being with me.  I am pretty sure it was good birth control for her ;) because I was miserable.  I remember getting in positions I couldn't get out of because there was an aching...no...more like a knife stabbing pain in my back.  I cried and cried because I was tired and in pain...but I also remember leaning in really close to God during those three days of being overdue.  

Contractions started around 4pm and I called Brian home from work.  I continued to make the kids pancakes for dinner knowing I would be leaving soon.  Contractions started consistently at 7 minutes apart and within the 1/2 hour it took Brian to get home they were 4 minutes apart and moving fast (yes Brian sped the entire way there).  We got settled in our room and by this (the 4th child) we had really learned to cherish that time before the baby came.  It was like a mini-vacation for us ;/ as we watched AFV, which I do not recommend because having contractions and laughing just do not go well together.

It was my shortest and easiest labor and we had welcomed yet another Berenbrock boy into this world.....

Benjamen Aaron Berenbrock
06-28-2011




I seriously never knew how much I loved this man until I saw how much he loves our kids....

From the moment Benny-boy was born he brought smiles into our lives...by sucking just his middle finger and giving us  'rock star' sign...to looking at us with big...no HUGE brown eyes...




He was such a good baby and made the transition of being a family of 5 to a family of 6 that much easier....

He grew these curls that melted your heart...yes they did...and I didn't care how many times I was asked if he was a boy or a girl...they were adorable....








He definitely has that "Little brother" personality where he copies everything his brothers do, but also is the clown between them all...he can get us all belly laughing at dinner...

He loves to run, he loves playing outside, he loves to jump on the bed and play cars.  He loves to shut the hot water heater off and write on the walls, repaint what I had already painted and he loves to splash.  He splashes while doing the dishes, taking a bath, jumping in puddles or even splashing in his pee...yes many times he comes out with very wet hands....
He loves to eat...he love pizza...he loves to give hugs and try and mimic daddy when kissing mommy ;) he's "romantic".  He loves to sing in the car and scream.  He is so full of life and personality we just can't get enough of him...he has this way about him that makes everyone smile.  He can be so serious and yet so funny.  He sometimes thinks he truly transforms into the Hulk...which reminds me...he loves the Hulk, he loves spiderman, superman, batman, avengers...anything superhero...which reminds me he loves his dad...he loves to hunt, fish, mow the lawn and be just like daddy...








because he is sooooo full of life and spunk....I just love watching him sleep....

















Happy Birthay Benny-Boy.  You were a surprise to us but it's only evident that you were totally planned by God.  You bring light to our dark days and laughter when it's dull.  We love you buddy!!!! May God bless you with many many many more years.....

No comments:

Post a Comment